Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nice Dinner

Last nights dinner was sole with shallots, garlic, peppers and tomatoes in white wine. Happened upon some really fresh fish and the combination was lovely. Sauteed string beans and as usual, they were terrific. Served with cous cous, it was a satisfying meal. I have gotten so spoiled eating the vast variety of just picked vegetables. I know I will miss it come winter.

Luckily I have several more weeks with the fall share starting up. I finally broke down and bought one of those hand held blenders for soup making. Tried it out with the tomato soup I made last week and it was brilliant. No more having to mess up a blender - just stick it in the pot and swirl away.

Will try making acorn squash soup today. A great light meal with a good loaf of bread and a salad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment