Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wok a Bok..

Choy, that is. Given this is used in many types of Asian cuisines, I thought I'd pull out the wok and make a stir fry. Garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, mirin and some Chinese cooking wine made the dish tasty. A little chicken, previously marinaded in mirin and soy sauce, along with some cherry tomatoes added protein and color. I would write down the quantities, but the truth is I don't measure - just a bunch of this and a splash of that. Reviews ranged from "really good" to "I don't like it". After Ariana exclaimed that she was feeling very "bok choy", the conversation then moved on to what vegetable the rest of us were feeling like - Arny won with "a sun dried tomato that hasn't gotten enough sun".

The good news is that I made a stop back at the farm stand today, because I had a request for more spinach.

4 comments:

  1. Spinach! Thats progress. I made good spinach soup Sunday. Not so pretty, but tasty. Arny needs a holiday in the sun. And, you didn't disclose your vegetable ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you as a tiny pulpy purple shiny elegant Japanese eggplant. In a word, a Konasu girl....CĂ©line

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that - Konasu girl!! Arigato Celine..

    ReplyDelete