Saturday, April 9, 2011

Almost Time

I am counting the days until my first vegetable pick up at the CSA. Not sure what it will contain, I am gathering recipes hoping I'll be able to use a few. I have to admit, the mystery is a bit exciting. Not just the anticipation in seeing what we get and figuring out how I will prepare it, but also seeing if anyone will eat it.

While waiting, we have been working on a very non-vegetable thing - finishing the expansion of our family room so we can take advantage of the views the property affords us. What was a long, narrow and dark room with a skanky screened in porch is now a light filled open space with windows all around. The painters are here and in a few days the construction will be done and we will be able to move on to the decorating - the fun part!!

We will also be finishing up on the outside - moving dirt around and putting in patios - for the alfresco dining we will be doing this summer. Now all we need is some warm weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment