Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh the Excitement - Week 1 Summer Share

After a long week with no share, I was thrilled to be heading back to the Garden of Ideas today for the start of the summer season. And boy was it summer - 91 degrees on the thermometer!!

Cars filled the parking lot as this group is much larger than the spring share. Almost immediately, I ran into a friend who was there for the first time to pick up her allotment.

This week is filled with some familiar and welcome items. I chose the baby kale over the turnips, not because I have anything against them (ok, maybe a little - other than in soup, what do you do with them??), but I wanted to try making kale chips, which everyone tells me my daughter will love.

Tonight, the choice of salad greens is the only decision I will have to make as we will be making a meal of some leftover pizza. I'm just not sure I want to turn on the oven to heat it up. Luckily, everyone in my house likes cold pizza.....

Manga!!

No comments:

Post a Comment