Friday, June 10, 2011

The Taste Test

Earlier in the week, I bought some tomatoes - "vine ripened tomatoes", nicely attached to their vines. Having received 2 lovely farm grown specimens yesterday, I thought I would do a little taste test. The fact that I actually had this idea means I have made great progress in my ability, and even desire, to eat tomatoes. For those who have been reading this blog, my history with this "is it a fruit, is it a vegetable?", is fraught with cellophane packages of sickly and tasteless orbs.

 Here are the two specimens. One - watery, both in consistency and taste, the other - firm, tasty, with a real tomato taste. I tried a slice of each alone, and then with some fresh mozzarella. Arny walked in as I was experimenting and without knowing which one was which, pronounced the "vine ripened" one as tasteless as I had.

Which is which???

No comments:

Post a Comment