Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Share Week 3

I finally picked up this weeks share, after the rain had stopped enough for me to get from the car to the stand and back again without getting totally drenched. About all I could do with them was to store them, as we were leaving for a weekend away.

Now that we are back, I have 4 days to use up all of this produce. We are having dinner at the beach tonight, so I think I will make a salad using the lettuce, pea shoots and beets. Yes, I chose the beets, primarily because of what they look like inside . They are Chioggia beets and look amazing. Thanks to the Garden of Ideas blog, not only do I get the history of this colorful beet, but a recipe for a chocolate - beet cake, which is about the only way I will be able to get my family to eat them!!

With Ariana off for the summer, I think we will be making this tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment