Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Note to Self

Kale chips - a deliciously, guilt free snack. So easy to make - rip Kale into little pieces, removing stem. Toss with a little oil and salt and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, or as long as it takes to get them crispy.

I first heard of kale chips while I was on a plane and watching some talk show with Gwyneth Paltrow pushing her cook book. Cook book???? since when did she cook? Not sure where I have been, but apparently she has a whole website now, extolling the virtues of vegetarian cooking.

I am always very suspicious of actors coming out with books telling us how to cook (or diet or exercise or get over depression, eating disorders, addictions, etc., etc., etc.). Frankly, I would much rather read what their personal chef, dietitian, trainer, doctor, (again, etc., etc., etc.) has to say, as they are the real experts. But they are also boring, or so the media would have us think, so they parade a bunch of famous people, who by virtue of the fact they are gorgeous, will sell the program better. It seems I am in the minority here, as billions of dollars each year go to these people and the companies that are behind them.

But, back to the kale chips. They were really good, so I set the out along with the cheese for some company. Nibbling a bit before my guests arrived, I checked myself in the mirror a few minutes before they were set to arrive. Yikes!!! tiny little green pieces everywhere!! Gargle, gargle, gargle.........

But I'm sure Gwyneth never has that problem, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment