Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Share Week 7

This had to be one of the more fragrant selections - the fennel's enticing scent hitting as soon as I opened the fridge. I never made fennel before, so I'm not quite sure what I will do with it. Perhaps I'll follow the Garden of Idea's suggestion and roast it, but with the temperature over 100, not sure I want to turn on my oven!!

Another newbie is fresh apricots - I have always eaten the dried ones, but for some unknown reason have stayed away from the fresh. I'm thinkin' salsa and a tart - though that would require that pesky oven again.

Onions and potatoes will make a nice potato salad - oh wait, need to boil the potatoes...perhaps not.

The juice is the perfect antidote to the heat - a combination of apple and lemon - outrageously good!! Alone or mixed with sparkling water (or a little champagne), Joe's Summer Blend make these really hot days a little more bearable.

Stay cool everyone!! Drink lots of water...or Joe's Summer Blend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment