Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 9 - Choices, Choices


One of the things I like about the CSA is the ability to choose. If you don't care for an item, you can always switch it out for something more palatable. This week, a choice was one of our items - there were so many wonderful things, it took me awhile to figure it out. There were many greens, as well as cucumbers and juices I hadn't yet tried. I ended up with some string beans (Ariana's favorite) and a couple of lovely looking tomatoes.

As I write this, the corn is already gone. Two nights in a row - can't get enough!! This week's corn was a bit sweeter than last weeks, with larger kernels. Arny has been grilling it outside with the husk on - we love the taste and it is so much easier to shuck. The silk comes off right away and the leaves make a great holder.

One thing I've noticed about the potatoes we've been getting- the skins are so thin, delicate like fine paper. I wouldn't dare peel them (I rarely do that anyway), but rather enjoy the texture in whatever I end up making. To the cookbooks I go.....


No comments:

Post a Comment