Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yummy Yummy Corn - the forgotten post

Not quite sure what happened last week - I wrote this out and then never posted it. This is what I get for leaving the computer in the middle of a post. In any event, here you go:

What can be better than fresh picked corn? We already devoured 3 ears last night and will finish them off this evening.
Fresh plums - small tasty little things. I found so many recipes, it will be hard to decide what to make, other than knowing it will definitely be dessert. (Turned out to be a plum and peach crumble - delicious!!)

Purslane is a new item for me - when I looked online, I found several articles on edible gardening, mentioned purslane as the weed you want to eat!! It is very high in alpha-linolenic acid, one of the  Omega 3 acids that are so good for you. The Garden of Ideas has two recipes on their blog. both which sound like a great accompaniment to any barbecue (added it to a salad - easy, peasy).

And the corn - yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment