Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little Fun

For Ariana's "screen-free" week at school, we made a list of things she wanted to do in lieu of watching TV or using the computer or IPhone. As yesterday was Tess's birthday, making her a cake and having a party was tops on the list. Not that the dog could eat it, but we could. Using the eggs left over, it didn't turn out half bad. While the decorating could have been better (that is actually a pug on the cake) we had a good time. Even if Tess didn't have a clue, she was happy to munch on the crumbs that fortunately dropped on the floor.

Today, I will attempt a quiche with the leftover greens in the fridge - tomorrow, a whole new supply!

After two weeks of participating in the CSA, I have been frustrated, surprised, amazed and humbled. I know now to keep it simple, remember my family's tastes and I better make a complete grocery list before I go to the store - or else I will be making more trips than I care to....

No comments:

Post a Comment