Thursday, May 12, 2011

Man, Is that Red...

 Luckily I decided to use a food processor to grate it and didn't grate my usual way - by hand. Had I done that, my hands would still be the crimson of this beautiful beet. You may think that hand grating is a lot of work, but when you add up all the time you search around for all of the food processor parts, put it together, do your grating, clean it up and put it away, you might as well do it by hand. And, with the added bonus of working those arm muscles.

I found this Beet and Carrot recipe from Epicurious. A lot of ingredients, mostly for the dressing, but worth it.

Best of all, I got to use one of my favorite gadgets from Japan - a seed grater. Being a gadget freak, I just had to have this one. The Coriander seeds went in and came out properly smashed.


The whole thing was (and is) delish. The only downside is that I have enough for 12 people. So, I had in for lunch today. And will have more for dinner......

2 comments:

  1. Seed grater? where did you buy it? how does it work? powered? I have something that looks like a coffee grinder but for seeds.
    I will look up for your recipe. Sounds very interesting and I will have to hand grate since I have nothing else with me than my hands!
    Céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. in Kappabashi at that big multi level store. It's not powered, it just has a little handle you twist around. You can see it in the picture..

    ReplyDelete